DUBUQUE SOCCER CLUB
DSC High School Programs
Brad Johnson – [email protected] (Director of Coaching)
The Dubuque Soccer Club (DSC) will be offering a high school program (boys and girls) as it is our goal to provide competitive training and game environments, competent coaching, and a positive experience for all high school aged soccer players in Dubuque and the surrounding areas.
The DSC realizes the importance of practicing and playing games, not only with your high school teammates, but with those from all Dubuque area high schools. The ability to create a group of committed, focused, and passionate soccer players will help with our player’s development along with allowing all of our high schools to become even more successful during the high school season!
DSC High School Program Coaching Staff:
Brad Johnson – (Head Men’s Soccer Coach – University of Dubuque / Director of Coaching – Dubuque Soccer Club)
Additional DSC Coaches
**Our coaching staff complies with Iowa High School Athletic Association Rules and will not jeopardize student-athletes high school eligibility**
· June 12th and June 14th , 2018 @ the Dubuque Soccer Complex
Going to be Freshmen and older
Going to be Freshmen and Older
Why tryouts? We believe players and families should be able to experience the DSC environment, interact with our coaches, and be aware of the development and abilities of other interested players prior to registering and committing to play. As well, I along with the coaches want to ensure we are able to provide the absolute best environment for our players possible. Should we be unable to provide a developmentally appropriate environment, we don’t want our players and families to incur the financial burden.
ROSTER SIZE – The DSC High School program will have a maximum active roster size of 36 players
TEAM MAKE-UP – Based upon the number of players, the DSC will potentially form (2) Teams. Teams will follow a high school “model” (IE-Varsity and JV) and players will be placed based upon various factors including but not limited to ability, commitment, athleticism, Soccer IQ, mentality, etc.
YEARLY CALENDER / BREAKDOWN
o TRYOUTS – June 12th and 14th
- After tryouts, players will be notified of their selection to the DSC High School Program.
- Players must confirm their commitment by registering on-line at www.dubuquesoccer.org NO LATER THAN June 18th, 2018
- DSC Summer practices/trainings will begin mid-June.
- Our DSC High School Teams will train a minimum of 2x per week in order to prepare for the upcoming ISL Season and potential tournaments/showcases.
- During this time we will look to arrange and schedule scrimmages/friendless with appropriate competition.
- Practice schedules will be flexible to help avoid conflict with other activities!
- During the fall our teams will continue to practice/train 2x per week throughout the fall season (August – late October/early November) along with ISL games.
- We will do our best to schedule the majority of ISL Games to be played on Sunday to help alleviate conflicts from other activities.
- ISL (Iowa Soccer League) – The DSC understands and values the importance of playing games and competition. The ISL provides the opportunity for our teams to develop in a competitive game environment. The ISL is recognized as the premier soccer league in Eastern Iowa. Many top high school players participate in the ISL with various clubs which enables our players to experience high quality soccer throughout the fall. The fall ISL season consists of 6-8 games that typically take place over 4 single weekend days (two games in one day). Our teams will typically travel no further than 1.5 hours to play games. Traveling to play games will allow our players to experience game preparation, new environments, varied team styles and tactics, which will no doubt correlate to what is experienced at the high school level.
o WINTER – Our DSC High School Teams will train 2x per week throughout the winter months. Winter season will begin in early-mid January and will conclude approximately one week prior to the start of the high school season.
o TOURNAMENTS - We believe it to be prudent to understand where our players are at from an age, development, and future aspirations standpoint prior to committing to these events. Showcases / tournaments require a substantial amount of financial, time, and travel commitment and we do not want this to be an unnecessary burden if it is not appropriate to attend. Should the players, parents, and coaches believe it to be beneficial to attend such events, all efforts will be made to do so.
o Potential Tournaments / Showcases to be Considered:
§ College Search Kickoff – Muscatine (Girls July 27-28 // Boys July 29-30)
§ Reddan Toe Bash – Verona, WI (Boys and Girls – September 23 – 24)
§ Iowa State Cup – Des Moines, IA (Various Dates in October //Boys and Girls)
§ High School Tournament – Cedar Falls (Boys – March 7)
§ Spring College Spotlight – Cedar Falls (Boys and Girls – March 10)
§ Additional Options as determined by the coaching staff
o Registration Cost:
- $325 – It is our goal within the DSC to provide a financially responsible and viable option in a structured and competitive environment.
- Included in the registration cost:
o Practices / Trainings
o ISL (Iowa Premier Soccer League) Registration and Games – ISL is the premier soccer league in Eastern Iowa – Quality competition develops quality players!
o Coaching fees – Having the ability to work with collegiate coaches on a consistent basis allows players to develop the skills necessary for the collegiate level.
o College Seminar – Informational seminar focusing on athletic, academic, and financial topics associated with the college search process.
o DSC Training Top
o Field Rental
o Referee Fees
o Registration with the Iowa Soccer Association along with a US Soccer Players Card (This will allow players to participate as guest players with other teams should they choose)
o Scrimmages / Friendlies
- Additional Costs:
o Uniform – This includes a home jersey, away jersey, shorts, and a pair of socks
o Tournament Fees – Dependent on the tournament along with number of participants
o Simply reserve a spot (no obligation, commitment, or cost) and attend our DSC Open House on June 12th and/or June 14th by email Brad Johnson – [email protected]
o Please feel free to PASS THIS INFORMATION ALONG TO OTHERS WHOM MAY BE INTERESTED!
Finally, please contact me directly with and questions you may have! The Dubuque Soccer Club looks forward to continuing to provide an outstanding environment, excellent player development, and a quality coaching staff committed to working with high school soccer players in the Dubuque Area.